Monday, August 30, 2010

Some months ago,while i was still toying with the idea of starting up a blog, I was opportuned to be at an event that held important people in the media industry. after struggling to muscle up courage, I walked upto one of them, a journalist (name withheld). she was very friendly as i introduced myself, we chatted for like a minute and then she said "oh! so you are one of those fashion bloggers" and i was like yeah and she said "hmm, i don't do fashion interviews, i'm a journalist, i report on important things" as she was saying this my eye took a brief roam n spotted a lovely necklace and simple grey dress not to mention the shoes and the bag. I was confused there for a second, as this was not my first time seeing her. she was always looking gorgeous and impeccably dressed in the magazines. This was some time ago so i don't remember her exact words. but what i got from the conversation was fashion was a vain matter not to be given much thought to.


I thought about this on my way home, how can someone so stylish be so non-challant about fashion. the fashionista in me took offence but the being the rational being that I am, I have come to understand that not everyone appreciates fashion and all the work that goes into the sketching,designing, tailoring, not to mention the research designers carryout to ensure each collection is appealing and tasteful to the wearer.

Nevertheless, I love fashion and the beauty and creativity of it all and how it enables one to express oneself without so much as a word. A medium to seperate oneself from other people, easiest form of communication. many many more reasons but i'll hold myself for now or at least till my next article.

I SAID SO......

Bibi

9 comments:

waleabba said...

niceeee.......

Anonymous said...

Luv it!

Anonymous said...

Every lady is into fashion maybe d journalist sense of style is inborn......

doyenne said...

I'm sure she was tryin to b humble....why wld a journalist nt love fashion?

Anonymous said...

Awwwww!.. Nyc1 bibi :)

Unknown said...

nice one Bibi, now u hv me thinking i should start my own blog

Anonymous said...

Impressive!

Anonymous said...

Miss B!awesome,kip it up gurl.

Sunkanmi said...

Hey, your blog is very well written, and I like the style of the web design. Great job.